LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience
25232551

I have trouble focusing amd finishing one task without

Customer Question

I have trouble focusing amd finishing one task without starting another one cant sit still could i have adhd i am 30 years old thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for writing to us. My name is ***** ***** I'd like to help. How long have you felt like you have suffered form these symptoms? Do you recall similar issues in your childhood? I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Leah

The three symptoms you reference are symptoms of ADHD. To qualify as a diagnosis, the symptoms have to have been present or emerged before the age of 12, and are impacting to your current quality of life or optimal functioning across multiple settings, such as school, work, and home-life. If not inability to ficus, restlessness, and distractibility are also common symptoms of depression. Some common depression symptoms also may include persistently feeling down or hopeless, changes in sleep and/or eating either up or down, lack of motivation, irritability, lack of enjoyment in things you once liked, social isolation, and fatigue or lack of energy.

Do you feel like either of these clusters of symptoms resonate with how you feel?

Hi: I noticed this question was still open and wanted to know if I could help further?

-Leah