TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I have ptsd and looking for a dr who can administer therapy

Customer Question

I have ptsd and looking for a dr who can administer therapy in Orlando Fl. I have severe avoidance and startle problems, sleep deprivation, etc. for more than 5 years. Looking for a dr who administers MDMA or virtual reality therapy in the US or Cananda
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, many times... currently on Wellbutrin, for a year now and not helping.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: No, I was great before the onset of the PTSD....happy, productive, participating in life to it's fullest. When it set in and took hold of me, i was not sure what was going on and was diagnosed 2 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 7 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear how you are struggling and very glad you reached out and are desirous of finding a therapist. Here is one I found in Orlando for you. She works with people that have ptsd and uses emdr in her practice. here is her link http://harmonycounselingbpd.com/about-us/

Here is one more for you to explore. http://crystalhollenbeck.com/services/eye-movement-desensitization-and-reprocessing-emdr/trauma-abuse/

Let me know how I can support you further.

I am here if you need me. If all good with the information I have given you, please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my support so that I may be credited for my time. Thanks so much.