Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I have been prescibed prozac 20 ml and xanex .5 xr in

Customer Question

i have been prescibed prozac 20 ml and xanex .5 xr in morning and 1 mg at night , for major panic attacks i cant seem to get a balance with them it has been 3 days at what time should i be taking these to work properly , it seems the night time pill carries on until 8-9 am from night before and i can focus until then , i am trying to return to work but still am out of it to get up and drive and perform at work?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also what kind of therapy do i need to help cope in my recovery
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a psychiatrist and i believe i can help you with your query.

Well, in order to deal with your panic attacks without affecting your daily routine work, i suggest that you reduce the night time dose of xanax xr to 0.5 mg from the current 1 mg. You see since this is an XR formulation which means that it is extended release so that is why the sedative effect lasts that long from night before to 8 am in the morning or beyond that even. So by reducing the dose at night to 0.5 mg , ti shall balance out your morning time sleepiness and allow you to work as per your routine. If at all there is some sloppiness or listlessness in the morning then you may take coffee or black tea in breakfast, this shall make you alert and attentive.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards