Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I am suffering from extreme snxiety. I. Have a several panoc

Customer Question

i am suffering from extreme snxiety. I. Have a several panoc attacks and feel that xanax may benifit me
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take paxil and metepropol
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: No i think that is it. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im awhite male 5"7 186lbs

Thank you for that additional information.

While it is possible that xanax will help you to feel better it is probably going to take more than a pill to get you back on your feet.

I suggest you consult with a psychologist in addition to your psychiatrist. Talk therapy as well as group treatment such as CBT should help.

Unfortunately, there is no "quick fix" -- feeling better will take time but, given what you have posted, I am confident that things will get better.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS