Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice

What's the best kind of therapy for someone who social

Customer Question

What's the best kind of therapy for someone who social awkward does not know social norms and walks and talks awkwardly
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and thank you so much for your message, Demetrios. I realize it' sdifficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

Research has shown that a type of therapy called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is best for those who struggle with social anxiety. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy a type of psychotherapy in which negative patterns of thought about the self and the world are challenged in order to alter unwanted behavior patterns or treat mood disorders such as depression.

You can reach more about CBT here:

Also helpful are social skills groups and social skills training which can be done by any therapist who works with an individual.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie