Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

I was a heavy porn user. I haven't used porn for 2 months

Customer Question

I was a heavy porn user. I haven't used porn for 2 months but am experiencing ed, anxiety, and depression.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am able to achive an erection during forplay but as soon piv comes, i go soft. Could this be a porn issue or a performance anxiety issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Hello Jared, I actually worked several years as a psychotherapist working with men who suffer with porn/sexual addictions. What you are feeling is honestly an outcome of stopping the addictive behaviors. Do you have a professional who is helping you with the process? Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Hello Jared, I actually worked several years as a psychotherapist working with men who suffer with porn/sexual addictions. What you are feeling is honestly an outcome of stopping the addictive behaviors. These feelings as well as feelings of emptiness, hopelessness, etc, are why individuals avoid quitting their addiction. Do you have a professional who is helping you with the process? I can recommend some books, workbooks that will help you on this journey as well as make some other recommendations. We can also talk live if that is more comfortable for you. I commend your courage and know this isn't easy, but I am here to help you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jared, I wanted to check in and see how you are doing and if you wanted to communicate further with me. I would appreciate you taking a moment to rate my service to you as this is the only way we are compensated for our time. Thank you so much and please let me know if I can help further. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC