abray1115, Doctor
Experience:  Primary care with particular care and experience in managing common psychiatric problems.

I suffer from extreme paranoia that is caused from a

Customer Question

I suffer from extreme paranoia that is caused from a military deployment as well as multiple negative encounters with the police. After my deployment I found myself in a lot of trouble with the law. I was having a hard time readjusting from the military and before I knew it I was having police banging on my door. 7 years has passed since my trouble and have not had trouble since. I KNOW I'm clear of all warrants but find myself looking out the peephole, peering outside of windows, and walking outside to survey vehicles any time I hear a car door shut, I hear voices outside, see a police vehicle in my immediate vicinity. It's unbearable, I'm always on edge, it affects my sleep and I'm constantly stressed due to this. Please give me advice on how to settle my nerves.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  abray1115 replied 2 months ago.

It sounds that you MIGHT have PTSD ...I think it best for you to see a psychiatrist . You may be helped by medication ( likely an antidepressant and anxiety medication ) You would probably benefit from medicine plus counseling ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD