I got sunburned today and used some aloe vera sunburn relief

Customer Question

I got sunburned today and used some aloe vera sunburn relief and then remembered that aloe has an estrogenic effect on testosterone and some of the ingredients like yellow and blue dye were in it. I'm concerned about these ingredients and the effect that it will have on my testosterone, namely erectile dysfunction or any sexual sideffects. I did shower after I applied it but I am very concerned. Do any of these concerns have any merit? Please see ingredients below. Please help!Water, SD Alcohol 40, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Benzophenone-4, Yellow 5, Blue 1.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Your concerns are unjustified since you applied this topically and this will be only minimally absorbed through the skin to reach the general circulation and therefore will not cause any interaction with the testosterone. Even in pregnancy where taking aloe vera orally is contraindicated, and can induce an abortion, still topically it is unlikely to be harmful and is not contraindicated.

Hence please rest assured that this will not interfere with your treatment.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I am more concerned about the color dye in the product being applied topically affecting my testosterone and if my concern is medically justified? Thanks

Dear customer,

A one time application of the color dye topically is not going to effect your testosterone treatment and your concern is not justified medically.

Take care.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a positive rating.

Expert:  DrDLove replied 2 months ago.

This has appeared again on the question list, but I do not see a follow-up question.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dr. Love - I actually requested a psychiatrist for this issue as I am having irrational fears that the dyes, alcohol, aloe in my sunscreen are going to be metabolized in my system and effect my hormones, sex drive, libido, etc. please help
Expert:  DrDLove replied 2 months ago.

OK. I will ask the moderator to add the question to the Mental Health category.