Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I'm just searching for the right way to talk a dr about my

Customer Question

I'm just searching for the right way to talk a dr about my anxiety and uneasiness without them all thinking I'm searching for drugs
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Yes I've stayed clean for my doctor in order to try and be prescribed isome benzo but he doesn't listen. It makes me be able to face each day with all this waiter guy I carry on my shouldes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: He knows all
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He has a problem with prescribing me a benzo cause I'me ADHD and I've had that all my life . If it helps me which benzos do and iM not currently on any or have been for awhile than he should do something right
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Please get back to your doctor and tell him/her about the anxiety symptoms and uneasiness that you are having. Ask him to refer you to a psychiatrist. If he is himself one then ask him about your treatment options. These will be most commonly SSRI antidepressants which are the most effective medications available for treating anxiety in the long term. Your doctor may also prescribe the benzodiazepine medications for a few weeks since SSRI medications may take a few weeks to start acting. Also more important than medications I would suggest that you strongly ask for a referral to a good therapist preferably one who is experienced in Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT).

Please also read the below linked book to know how to deal with your anxiety and uneasiness better:

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.