Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I have been through some difficult... I have been through

Customer Question

I have been through some difficult...
I have been through some difficult situations in the last couple of years.
Yesterday was n different than most although i was under some stress from visitors, I discovered the closest i could come to my symptoms was aspergers. Anywas yesterday was a normal day although I had been invited to go seea childrens movie with my grandchildren I really really didn't want to go but didn't know how to get out of it. Anyway long and short of it is it was an innocent movie called Pete's Dragon, a Disney Movie if I had known what it was going to be about I wouldn't have gone as I hate Disney movies but I thought it was a comedy, anyway there were 9 adults and 6 children in the party just to make things worse, during the movie I started to feel tears forming but tried to shake it off, by the time we left I had to basically run to the car ahead of everyone else and cried hysterically all the way home, I was having a panic attack when I reached home, wanted to just scream leave me alone, I took two Zanex (thank goodness I had something) and fell into a deep sleep, I still very jumpy and nervous and just want everyone to go and leave me in peace.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

I am so sorry you are struggling. It sounds like in one way you took care of yourself, by getting to the car ahead of everyone else and letting yourself have a good cry (which I know must have been embarrassing and caused others some distress) and in another way you didn't take good care of your self when you went along with everyone and went to the movies and did nto follow your intuition. How much longer is your family visiting with you? Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2 weeks I have 4 adults here friends of my (visiting stepdaughter and 6 children
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How can I explain to people I really really don't want to do all these things, my husband doesn't understand although he says he does, I have even thought of moving so fa away from everyone they will leave us alone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay great wonderful $35 well spent ....
Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Oh my, that is a house full and must be so distressing!!! It sounds like you struggle with your right to say what you need from others, but I want to encourage you to do so.What you need matters and they are 4 adults who can manage without you if they need to. Also I want to encourage you to take some time for yourself every morning, noon and night. Even if it is 15 minutes. Would it help you to talk live to me tonight or over the next two weeks to help you develop some coping skills?

Expert:  Linda D. replied 2 months ago.

Not sure if you already paid, and/or what your comment about the $35.00 means, but please know that I am here for you to help if I can. I hope you do not have another day like today. Linda