Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am a social worker too. I keep getting in trouble or fired

Customer Question

Hey, I am a social worker too. I keep getting in trouble or fired from my jobs. I am now working in a nursing home as a social worker and getting paid more than I have in my other jobs. I have been there only 1 1/2 months and are already have gotten in trouble for not doing what I am suppose to do and putting off things that are due. This has been going on ever since I have got my first job as a social worker. I do not want to lose this great job. Please help!!!
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Effexor ER, Synthroid, Bentyl, Requip
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I suffer from depression and anxiety ever since I was a teen.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Been in and out of counseling since I was married the first time.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

I am so sorry you have been struggling. It sounds like you are frustrated at yourself for constantly finding yourself in this place. I'm curious about the specific behaviors that seem to continue? Is it usually related to procrastinating or disorganization? What are some of the other behaviors that continue to be present? Please forgive all the questions, I want to ensure I fully understand what is going on.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do procrastinate in every part of my life. I have difficulty concentrating at work. I am easily distracted also.

Ohhhh sweet soul, I am so sorry as I imagine you struggle in so many parts of your life. Have you been tested for ADHD by chance? You seem to have many of the symptoms. This article explains some of symptoms: http://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/adult-adhd#Overview1 Do these symptoms ring true for you?