Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Cold Turkey today because of Cirrosus of the Liver, and Hep.

Customer Question

I Am Stopping Risperadone Cold Turkey today because of Cirrosus of the Liver, and Hep. C. What Should I Expect? Will the Voices Get Louder Again? Will I again Become Suicidal?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 2 months ago.

Actually, a lot depends on the total duration of illness, current active symptoms, the dose of Risperidone you are taking etc, etc.

Just like for any other antipsychotic, rapid discontinuation of Risperidone may lead to rebound psychotic symptoms and or worsening of symptoms theoretically. However we have seen many patients who stopped it cold turkey and experienced only a minor discomfort which lasted for only few days.

Has your doctor asked you to stopped it cold turkey?

Is it possible for you to mention the dose you are currently taking?