TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Life Coach

I am a person who has a difficult time handling my emotions.

Customer Question

I am a person who has a difficult time handling my emotions. I deal with everything in extremes and often feel as if I've lost or losing control. Right now I am teary and disappointed in the fact that I seem to not be able to get a grip. My past solutions are to supress my emotions and pretend everything is alright. What are your best tips to help me cope when I feel my mind is about to mentally explode?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear you suffering in the way that you are and I am glad you have reached out. You are correct when things are bottled up for too long it can often feel like control is lost. then worry creeps in if you let it out that you will not be able to regain control. Then the cycle keeps going. The best place to deal with all of this is to find a great therapist with whom you connect so that you can have a safe place to process all that you feel and figure out a way to find more balance rather than living in extremes. It is hard to do it alone and that support is crucial for you to let it all out in the right place.

I await your thoughts

Let me know how I can support you. We can have a dialog when you are ready.