Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Psychiatrist - SSDI Application First, I'm not trying to

Customer Question

Psychiatrist - SSDI Application
First, I'm not trying to scam SSDI. If they conclude I am not qualified, I will just keep struggling along like I have been.
However, I should have a fair hearing.
Core questions.
1. Since my docs notes show my own rosy self-evaluations, but my employers documentation of poor performance are contrary to my self-assessment, how is my doc to know what data set to use in completing a RFC? We both think I'm doing great, but then get a dismissal letter citing BP behaviors.
2. I don't want him filling out RFC just to humor me because my self-assessments have been so good. I would like to discuss in detail the questions. I have suffered for 30 years but still believe that a true expert will correctly evaluate me one way or another.
I read my psychiatrist could complete a close replica of the mental RFC form in the case of long term disability like my bipolar. Would you recommend this? Would you complete it? Would you return to my attorney knowing I will see the results?
My anxiety is that my doc would file the papers according to his professional opinion which might not support my case. He has said he would fill out the doc but was cavalier about it. Maybe he is just going to humor me and doesn't want to be the bad guy. The genesis of this is that I have had just two docs over the last 7 years. My office notes are always satisfactory, but at the same time I have been fired from 7 different companies for what I see as bipolar disorder behavior. The docs always seem surprised when I give them the news. My employers generally provide a very detailed report on my behaviors leading to dismissal, but I frankly didn't notice them as problems. Therefore, my self-assessments were almost always positive. I guess I always aviewed myself as how I wanted to be seen, not how I objectively behaved.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

When is this needed by?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.