How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistJen Your Own Question
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3242
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistJen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a Christian psychiartist for my 44 year old

Customer Question

I am looking for a Christian psychiartist for my 44 year old son who has been diagnosed with mental health issues. We live in Ft. Worth, Tx 76133.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He has been on major meds since he was in high school. He has seen and is seeing a doctor as well as going to a psychologist weekly.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: Chris has said he would harm himself in the past, and now he sometimes says he thinks he would harm his father or me.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 10 months ago.

I am glad you are getting help for him and if there is an emergency situation with him please call 911 immediately so that you are both safe. Here is a list of Psychiatrists in your area and many have a Christian philosophy. Take a look at all of them and reach out to them by phone or email to make sure they fit your criteria but most important is that he gets into treatment.

Expert:  TherapistJen replied 9 months ago.

Let me know that you received my referrals for your son.

Related Mental Health Questions