Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder with

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder with borderline personality traits I've suffered with mental health issues since my early 20s I'm now in my 60s I'm having big problems with mood swings and the voices are terrible I've tried distraction but it doesn't work my phych has increased my Antiphychotic meds how long does it take for my meds to start working?? And is there anything you can suggest that my help me control the moods ect??
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It can take up to three weeks for the new medicine to take effect.

If the voices and mood swings are out control you might ask your psychiatrist to admit you to the hospital. In this controlled, safe environment they can use stronger meds and treatments to get you feeling better much faster.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS