TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I was just wondering if a traumatic event can cause someone

Customer Question

i was just wondering if a traumatic event can cause someone who used to be extroverted to suddenly not want people around, even friends.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: lexapro. I don't have a therapist
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I have fibromyalgia since my traumatic event. And my IQ has significantly lowered.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

Yes it is possible. Everyone responds to trauma in a different way and if you are retreating it may be because that is where you feel most safe...with and within yourself and others may cause anxiety and worry. When there is trauma I do suggest getting into therapy so you can have a safe space to talk about it all and process all of the feelings so that you can get back to living a productive life.

Please let me know how else I can support you. If you are all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks so much and I am here if you need.