LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience

I am a nurse practitiine, ii an an NP and I have seen no

Customer Question

I am a nurse practitiine
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: ii an an NP and I have seen no one. Professionally it does not look good for patients to be referred to other providers w issues of there own .... And the stigma!!!! I take transfix pen fur my back (heavy mead and sanding through long cases) and I'm looked upon as a druggy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I have a mother w advanced Alzheimer's I'm caring for and with the current he math care climTe and stress to see so many patients no
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for writing to us. My name is***** looks like your question was never finished. Can you let me know what your mental health question is?

I look forward to talking,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am an NP w a lot of anxiety. I am on my feet all day wearing heavy lead doing rather high end cases. (Hence the tramadol from resulting back/leg pain) I also take care of a mother w dementia. Patient privacy is difficult when you see all the providers in the cafeteria. I have no doubt I need some sort of anti anxiety medication to help with the occasional panic attacks as well as the situational anxiety.

Good morning, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, we are not a prescribing website so I apologize if that is your primary intention of reaching out here. I would definitely suggest you contact your primary care physician to discuss what options you have for medications and that you also consider counseling. i understand that you want to keep your personal life private from work and completely understand that. Hopefully connecting with your primary care doctor will allow you to feel more conformable as it would not raise suspicion, should anyone even know about it. Ironically, don't let your anxiety cause you undue worry about people finding out that you are getting help on the side for your own well-being. Most people in the medical profession would likely completely understand and relate!

As far as counseling, some great counselors can be found here including people who see patients on the weekends and in the evenings. As you can imagine, confidentiality and integrity are important to these types of relationships and you may get some great tips and techniques for addressing your situational anxiety without excessive time commitment.

Please let me know how/if I can be more help to you today considering we are not able to supply prescriptions through this site. I look forward to supporting you. I also have a background in geriatrics and completely relate to your stress and strain in caring for your mother. Please let me know if I can support you with that.