Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My life is a wreck. I lost my wife, my career, my job and

Customer Question

My life is a wreck. I lost my wife, my career, my job and health and now I as a member of 10 siblings am a reject in my family. Just last nite, my nephew showed up because he and his girlfriend broke up and was drinking heavily. He stayed until 3:00am and then just flew out the door left the alarm going and did not even take his booze. I have been thrown out of 2 churches and I don't understand it. I was involved, I participated and now no one talks to me. I feel like dying.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Xanax, lisinopril and cytalpram.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I don't get it. I treat everyone better than I get treated and then canned.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

I am so sounds like everything you care about has somehow been taken from you. No doubt, you are lonely, angry and frustrated.

Why do you believe this happened? I imagine each situation is quite different but is there a common theme? Something that keeps re-appearing? In the case of your neighbor, it sounds like he took horrible advantage of your kindness. It might have been helpful to ask him to kindly leave at a certain point in the evening so you could have gotten some sleep. If you weren't home and simply providing him a temporary place to rest, I would know that he's not someone who you can trust in the future to take care of your personal space.

Can you please provide me with some more information so I can better answer your question?

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie