Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

T know how to do what I want.

Customer Question

Don't know how to do what I want.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer with your question. I can hear the frustration that you are experiencing, may I ask if you could tell me specifically what it is you may be trying to change or accomplish? I look forward to heating from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, how can I help you? Linda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know how to write everyday or consistently until my book is done. Instead I do what is easy, entertaining and that about which I feel guilty. I work as a teacher but I hate my job. I've tried mostly everything I think. Giving my girlfriend money if I don't work some specified amount. Reading self-help articles, which all say the same stuff: make sure you eat well, sleep well, motivate yourself in these twenty-five different ways, etc. When I'm on my computer, which is where I like to write, I get caught up using the internet and that is what ends up taking me away from my writing, but at the same time I need the internet and my computer because it's where I've set up my work "station" and designed the framework for what I write: I have an extensive library, all the software, countless dictionaries, etc. I could go to a library, but in the end I always find some easier way to do something other than writing. I just want to apply myself but don't know how to do so such that I complete the things that matter to me.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

Ahhhhh, this must be so frustrating. Have you tried working with a psychotherapist to discover what may be some underlying conflicts and/or unconscious beliefs that are causing you to sabotage accomplishing what you want? I know in my private practice I have been able to help clients become unstuck but we have to partner together to excavate what is blocking he person. Does this make sense? Linda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not tried that but thank you for the suggestion. Since you are unable to answer the question but to refer me to someone who might be able to help me, am I required to pay you? Thanks, Justin.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 3 months ago.

No Justin, not until you are completely satisfied. I will opt out of this question and put it back in the que for another expert to help you. I wish you all the best. Linda