TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I need an opinion. So im a very emotional person. Usually in

Customer Question

hi i need an opinion. So im a very emotional person. Usually in my friend group im the one who gets emotional, who loves everyone. But a few days ago i woke up and i dont feel anything and i have no idea why. Its affected my relationship, my friendships, and my life. And i just want to know...why? what caused this? and how can i fix it?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

I am wondering if something happened that precipitated this? did something happen that caused you any pain where you would shut down emotionally? If you can't pinpoint anything specific then take a look at your overall happiness with things in your life and how you feel most of the time. It is possible that you may be sad/depressed and maybe could be helped by having a professional to talk to face to face.

Let me know your thoughts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cant think of a specific event that would have caused it...me and my boyfriend broke up after this happened. As for my overall happiness? Well as for that part it varies I suppose. The only time I feel truly happy is when I'm around certain people. Other than that, well Im just sitting awkwardly in the background. My family isn't a big part of my life anymore, they left me on the streets a few months back. However I don't think that's the cause because that was months ago and I've been happier at the place I'm at now.

If you read all of your words to me you can see just how much you have been through recently and in your life and I think it is having an impact on you now and causing some sadness. Do you feel like seeing someone face to face could be helpful for you to have that support so you can dig deep to see what is going on and how all of this has hurt you? I believe it could be quite helpful and you deserve to feel as best you can and work out all the past hurts and traumas.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would but I dont have enough money to do that. I have to pay for an apartment and I don't have enough to spare on this. But thank you for the offer

Depending upon where you live, there are low cost clinics or even if you are by a University you can also get very low cost counseling. Takes some research but could be worth it. I do think the past hurts have caught up and that may be why the emotions are damped down now.

Let me know how else I can support you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cant. I don't have any money. So its kinda pointless.

Ok so then lets try some other things you an do and keeping a journal of how you feel and what is going on for you can be helpful. Just getting the feelings down could be somewhat relieving.