Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

I am trying to be discreet. a few months ago, my boyfriend

Customer Question

I am trying to be discreet. a few months ago, my boyfriend died right in front of me. A week ago I lost a brother. I have horrible Social anxiety...won't even go to Walmart until after midnight. I am looking for someone who may be able to help me for a short time get over these hurdles. I've become depressed and I hate leaving my home
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Since my boyfriend passed in February. I have always had GAD. But the doctor I had didn't really listen. I can't sleep and I feel hopeless and wound up a lot. And I'm taking Zoloft
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I live with my mother who is...challenging, cynical, and does not know what exactly happened. I feel stupid talking to a psychologist
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just answer, I can hear how difficult a time you are having. I am so, so sorry for your losses. Of course you are feeling unsafe and protective of yourself, you have been through a lot. Could I research psychotherapists in your area that I could recommend could help you as you said get through this anxiety and trauma you are feeling? There are several forms of therapy that could help you to feel much better. The combination of medication and psychotherapy is the most effective. Please let me know where yo live and I would be more than glad to help. Also please know that your mother's criticisms of you are about her, not you. People who hurt others and are critical are hurt themselves and venting their pain and anger onto others. You do not deserve this and need a safe place with a therapist to help you to change how you react. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC PS I am working with several people in my practice today, if I do not get right back to you, I will just as soon as I can.What you are going through matters to me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in Plano TX. Any help would be great, but I do not have medical ins so it will be out of pocket. I'm just at my wits end and would kill for a good nights sleep. Been awhile
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.

Yes, I understand how difficult this must be for you. I will look for a therapist who uses a sliding scale. I will be back to you in a bit, I am meeting with clients now for a bit. Just breathe for now..............I like this exercise: breathe in deeply through your nose and say I breathe in calm and breathe out of your mouth saying I breathe out fear. Liinda

Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, thank you for waiting while I researched mental health services for you in your area. Here is one that I found that will be affordable and/or no cost to you. Please look into them and see if it may be a fit for you. I truly wish you all the best and hope you are feeling better soon. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

http://www.lifepathsystems.org/getting-help-bh