Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

A relationship ends after 2 1/2 years 6 weeks after a 6 week

Customer Question

A relationship ends after 2 1/2 years for good 6 weeks after a 6 week hiatus, with a 5 page deep, spiritual letter before getting back together after the 6 week hiatus. Now the other person acts as if the other person doesn't exist. Is this normal behavior?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 5 months ago.

Good evening, Ken. Thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

I am so sorry to hear about the demise of your relationship. I imagine you are absolutely heartbroken as well as a bit shocked.

Please give me a bit more information about your relationship....why was there a 6 week hiatus? What exactly was going on? What did the contents of the letter say? What was the tone of the relationship while you were together? Was there a bit of drama or overall very calm?

Forgive me for all of the questions. I want to ensure I fully understand what is going on before responding further. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie