Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

I NEED A PSYCHIATRIST THAT WRITES XANAX NEAR GALAX, VA. I

Customer Question

I NEED A PSYCHIATRIST THAT WRITES XANAX NEAR GALAX, VA.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I RECENTLY MOVED HERE AND I NEED ZOLOFT FOR DEPRESSION AND XANAX FOR PANIC ATTACKS AND ANXIETY
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 5 months ago.

Psychologists do not prescribe medication. Psychiatrists prescribe medication. Every psychiatrist can prescribe Xanax but most will only prescribe it on a very limited basis for panic attacks as it is a controlled substance and habit forming. Have you tried locating a Dr through your insurance? Do you need help with this?