Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have debilitating anxiety where I can't even leave my

Customer Question

I have debilitating anxiety where I can't even leave my house some days...I had a Dr that prescribed me 2mg Xanax twice a day...but it's been 3 yrs since I've seen him and I'm now considered a new patient and he won't prescribe them to new patients anymore...my mother has been giving me hers for over 2 years now...but I just had to put her in an assisted living facility...I do not drink alcohol or take illegal drugs...but I don't know of any doctors in dallas that will prescribe to new patients...please help me! I'm about to lose my job cause I'm afraid to leave my house...
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Some days I can't even check my mail and the mailbox is literally right outside my door...my vision goes dark and I can't breathe or speak...my family can't even calm me down...and other days I can make it to work but I shut myself in my office where I don't have to see anyone...I was diagnosed with agoraphobia a while back...but I'm not sure how accurate that is...nothing seems to help but the xanax...and I've tried multiple meds...they had me on 5 different meds at one point...I know what works for me but I can't seem to find a Dr willing to listen
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: Nothing other than I eat right and live a healthy lifestyle...I can't make friends, I'm worried about everything, things out of my control and I realize it...I just can't stop my mind from over analyzing things...I don't hardly sleep, maybe 2 hrs a night at most...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. I empathize with you. It is difficult to make adjustments of this kind. You should call Psychiatrists in your area and schedule an appointment. You can also try to go to an Urgent Care center for immediate treatment. If you feel you must have care immediately, you can call 911 and request ambulance transport to a hospital. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please provide a positive rating of 3-5 stars for my response. Thank you and I hope you find relief quickly.