Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Would a sex therapist be able to help me stop desiring sex

Customer Question

Would a sex therapist be able to help me stop desiring sex acts/fetishes my spouse is not always comfortable with?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 5 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, yes a sex therapist who is a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist would be better suited to deal with your sexual fetish. You see sexual fetish is a type of deviant sexual behavior or paraphilia and in order to control fetishistic impulses which cloud one's mind and compels one to engage ion fetishistic rituals, sex therapy is a way to go forward but there may perhaps be requirement of anxiolytic medication at some point of time so as to support the sex therapy in controlling your fetishistic impulses and for that you may require a doctor or psychiatrist to prescribe you anxiolytic medications.

So yes sex therapy is the key to help you to win over your sexual fetish, so search for a sex therapist who has a solid background and who is either of the two -- psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist as this will provide much more credibility to the sex therapist who's services you will be seeking.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

If there is any further query then kindly please feel free to ask it. If there is no further query then kindly leave a Positive Rating if you are satisfied with the service.

Regards