TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Life Coach

I got perscribed Xanax in the past, I started having panic

Customer Question

I got perscribed Xanax in the past, I started having panic attacks again. Tried to make an appointment my old doctor said he's not taking any new patients. It's been eight years since I visited dr Gastrof . What is your suggestion.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. I imagine you told the office that even though it has been 8 years, you are not a new patient? If he can't see you then I would find another doctor that can see you soon. I may also explore getting into therapy so you can explore why the panic attacks are coming back so you can get the support in addition to medication if needed.

You may also think of calling your current general practitioner so you can be seen sooner and they can also refer you to a Psychiatrist.