Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I live in t.o. i have a very good friend in .C. who has been

Customer Question

Hi I live in t.o. i have a very good friend in B.C. who has been suffering from clinical depression a long time. she has been known to sometimes not communicate for long periods of time, however, yesterday I received a phone call from one of her friends who was with her in Vancouver informing me that my friend had gone off her meds and had asked her to inform not too communicate with her due to the fact that she is experiencing ptsd and does not want extra strain. my friend and I only communicate via E-mail and texting and I has heard from her a few days prior telling me she had not been well and that she slowly feeling better. I found the call yesterday a bit unusual, this is the first. her friend stated I have met her but i can't recall. I am an RN i would like to be reassured of my friend's safety and given that I did not speak to her personally, I would like to get in touch either by e-mail or text to let her know I'm thinking of her, however I would hate to disrespect her wishes. Any advise?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice In New York State. Thank you for using Just Answer, I am here to help you. I am helping another person and will be with you shortly. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC