Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I took 30mg of valium with no effect and want to take 30

Customer Question

i took 30mg of valium with no effect and want to take 30 more now to sleep, would that be an overdose?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: that is the only one I will take I am suppose to take mirtazapine but refuse all psych drugs
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: baker acted 4 times since jan but not suicidal since a week ago just trying to rest cause I'm exhausted with nightmares and night sweats
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: psych gave me the valium and still trying to convince me to take psych meds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.

Greetings

YES, additional valium is very likely to lead to an overdose and could be fatal. I would advise you to contact your psychiatrist for an alternative or go to urgent care tonight. You should not take any additional Valium.

If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. Best wishes

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Took the extra 30 slept a couple of hours but awake again. I appreciate the service you offer. I saw the some people tolerate that amount and took a chance hopefully I will not be drawstring I. The am to drive is about 2am now I took 30 at 6 and 30 at 8 the k you again
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

The typical valium dose is up to 40 mg a day.

Usually in several divided doses.

Tolerance builds up.

60 mg total is not likely to be fatal.

However, you should not be using valium without your doctors guidance.

It is not a proper medication for sleep.

Call your doctor about the sleep problem

Do not take further valium.

If you have any symptoms, go to the ER.

Do not operate machinery.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Greetings

Some medical conditions and medications can give you false positive urine Benzoylecgonite. Examples indluce Penicillins, kidney and liver disease, and in come instances, Diabetes. OTC urine kits can give you false positive results as well.

Hope this helps. Best wishes