Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Going back on Prozac. I used to take it in the morning and

Customer Question

Going back on Prozac. I used to take it in the morning and am checking to see if that is the time that is recommended.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen a doctor off and on about this issue. Have an appointment next week. Was going to try and wait until then but am feeling I need to go ahead and go back on. I am taking Clonazepam and Ropinirole for restless legs and Crestor for high cholesterol at night - have been taking those for over 10 years.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: I haven't started back yet.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: Just that I've gone through this before with postpartum depression and peri-menopause. I've been off all antidepressants for about 4-5 months but am having increased hot flashes and anxiety.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Yes you can take it in the morning.

If you have not started it as yet take one pill in the morning.