Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My husband lies constantly about major and minor things, i

Customer Question

my husband lies constantly about major and minor things
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i went to marriage counselling by myself he thinks there is no meds
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He has ptsd and I see many narcissitic traits, his family home was hoarded, manipulative neglectful family environment. I came to his hometown with him and things spiraled out of control. He and his family do not believe in psychology and still abusing him today he is calling him to do unimportant things for them when we have plans.My throws away my things without asking or telling me. yet he will keep his own hoard..because its tucked away in storage today he lied about his paycheck..he has been verbally abusive like calling me names or yelling over me or simply tell me to shut the f**k up.he needs help he also has adhd and is an alcoholic...I need help already attending alanon. I sold everything in my home country (europe) to live here with him.10 years ago..please help
Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. May I ask are you or have you received treatment for codependency? Are you currently in therapy? As you know from Al Anon you can not control another person no matter how much they love you or you love them. Only they can take responsibility for their choices and behaviors. But we can work on ourselves and our own core issues so that we can make different choices and handle situations differently. Does this make sense? Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC