Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

I'm suffering from anxiety and my gf just left me because of

Customer Question

I'm suffering from anxiety and my gf just left me because of how it's made me
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I've had anxiety since I was around 12 I get really bad when I'm not with her I tried to change to suit her but I always relapsed back into distrust and paranoia
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. I am so sorry to hear the difficulties you have been having due to your anxiety. Your girlfriend is probably overwhelmed just like you are with the symptoms of anxiety that she sees in you. However, you are more than just an anxiety disorder and fortunately Anxiety is extremely treatable.

Psychotherapy, primarily Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), could be very effective for you, but it can take months for this type of therapy to work as therapy is gradual and slow. Usually the use of a psychotropic medication like a SSRI antidepressant and/or a benzodiazepine can provide quick relief of symptoms and allow you to focus more on the therapy and core causes of your panic which provides a greater resolution of your symptoms. If you prefer not to use medications than the use of natural supplements like Picamilon, Valerian Root, KAVA, or Passion Flower have some anti-anxiety properties that may help too. Also there is a workbook I like to recommend that you can get online that is self directed and can give you a lot of tools and strategies. Overall with treatment you will be able to overcome your symptoms, but it will take time. Once you commit to treatment for our anxiety disorder maybe this will give your girlfriend hope. I wish you all the best and would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my service to you today as this is the only way we are compensated for our time. If you have any other questions, I am here for you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I am just checking in to see if you found my answers helpful to you. Please take a moment to rate my service to you as this is the only way we are compensated for our time. I would truly appreciate it and wish you all the best. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC