JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...

I am having big panic attacks that make it hard to get

Customer Question

I am having big panic attacks that make it hard to get thought the day! Can you please help me? I have used Xanax in the past and it helped me go about my dayly life
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: On and off all my life! Work life things
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: No medical. It just takes a lot to even go out of the house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 4 months ago.

I am glad you have reached out for help. I will do my best to help you. Tell me more about your life situation. history, relationships, etc. What does seem to trigger these attacks? What have you done successfully to relieve them in the past? How have you manage to survive this long? What is your greatest hope of the future?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm in the food and bev
Marred both are in good standing. In the past I have been given medication, that have been vary helpful. Vary!

I too have suffered from anxiety in the past. The only ting that worked for me was an adjustment in medication. I would first of all suggest you visit your psychiatrist and seek a change in prescription. I imagine they will attempt to avoid xanax because of its side affects and addictive qualities. There are other good meds these days that are much safer. Other than that, i would suggest a change in diet and activity. find a hobby that you enjoy and keeps you active. cut out caffeine and sugar, and drink lots of water. Does that make sense. please let me know if you have questions.