LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience

I am a fifty five year old black male. I have been referred

Customer Question

I am a fifty five year old black male. I have been referred to a psychiatrist for assistance by Dr Y a Urologist who thinks I have a performance anxiety. I get very strong morning wood, I do get erections but usually they get soft before actual intercourse, One Doctor had prescribed carve jet which the Urologist felt was too extreme for the symptoms and conditions. The Urologist felt a psychiatrist would best help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with this issue. I am proud of you for tackling this issue with your doctor team as speaking up about this problem can be tough for some people. Treatment is not offered on this website but I can tell you that performance anxiety can definitely be a component affecting areas of sexual performance and agree with your urologist that if medical causes have been ruled out, talking to someone about the issue (like someone who specializes in sex therapy) could be helpful. Would you like me to help you locate options for someone who could help discuss this with you from this angle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you can in Harare Zimbabwe

Hello, considering you live in Zimbabwe, I apologize but I do not have the ease of scouting resources quite as easily, especially to make sure they would meet your needs for someone who specialize in treatment of things like performance anxiety. Here is a list I found from searching. General counselors may be able to help as well, as almost all should be capable of addressing the anxiety component of your situation. Sometimes just talking this out will bring resolution. And if they have been practicing in counseling for any span of time, it is nearly a guarantee they have encountered patients experiencing similar struggles because the issue is common. If you really want to invest in someone who you can be assured knows how to address this with you, I would consider doing a Skype session with a sex therapist who is international. Options for these are included in this list as well. - Skype/Phone - Skype/Phone - Skype/Phone - General Counseling in Harabe,Zimbabwe,Harare,Harare – psychologist in Zimbabwe,Zimbabwe,Harare,Harare – psychologist in Zimbabwe,Zimbabwe,Harare,Harare – psychologist in Zimbabwe - This page has additional options as well

I hope this list helps you get started and am proud of you for taking these steps to get over this obstacle. I am sure with the right support, you can overcome this.