DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience:  MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.
24257177

My six year old grandson is a model student in school and

Customer Question

My six year old grandson is a model student in school and well liked by teacher and friends but is a very disruptive child at home. He has a nine year old brother and three year old sister but is very annoying , throws tantrums and gets very belligerent when playing games and he losses.
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Parents are at wits end and don't know what to do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.

Hi

What is your question

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question is whether or not we should be concerned about my grandson's behavior at home
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you there

Yes.

But I don't think it is pathological.

I think it has to do with the family dynamic.

Since he is so good in school.

How this is approached is important.

I think the parents should approach a family therapist.

They should have a few sessions first, then invite the children in, as a family.

That is how such dynamics get resolved effectively.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/