Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Every sitter I have left my 8 yr old son with has had issues

Customer Question

Every sitter I have left my 8 yr old son with has had issues with him being involved with the other kids both boys and girls in an inappropriate sexual manner. This has happened 3 times in the last two years. I know that he knows better because he's been punished over and over but it continues to come up as an issue. I don't know what to do I am a single mother and I have to work but I can not leave him anywhere without fear this will come up. Some advice please.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist/family therapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer with your concerns about your son. could you please share with me some of the details of what your son has been doing that has been inappropriate sexually? and also what type of consequences he was given or punishment? This will help me to understand what direction you may need to take with him. Thank you, ***** ***** forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC