Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn

I'm newly diagnosed bipolar disorder, wondering if my

Customer Question

I'm newly diagnosed bipolar disorder, wondering if my symptoms match up, and if seroquel is safe to take. I'm worried after reading the reviews
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 4 months ago.
Hello I'm Dr Manos M.D. You have been prescribed seroquel which can help your diagnosis. You are concerned about this mode of therapy to help you function and allow you to feel good. I suggest you choose to believe it will help you at this point. Trying to dissect how this will help may inhibit the medication. My best advice is to take as prescribed and be positive about your situation. I believe we are all bipolar in how we take on life's circumstances and need to choose joy and confidence in those moments. Society goes to great lengths to assure safety of meds. Choose to believe it will not create trouble for now. You always should just choose which way to go. I hope this can help but you need to accept my advice and give it a chance or increase your concerns and not see change.