TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I am 26 weeks pregnant and I am suffering from anxiety so

Customer Question

I am 26 weeks pregnant and I am suffering from anxiety so bad it is making me extremely depressed and I am almost unable to care for myself. What are the odds a psychiatrist would be willing to prescribe me xanax. I am taking ativan 0/5mg and it barely helps. I am also on buspar 15 mg 2x a day and that is not really helping either. I am desperate for relief. For much of the day I am in constant panic to where it is hard to breathe. I feel like I need something that will work right away. I understand the risks to the baby but the baby is already fully developed. I feel like I need something to get me through these 3 months that will put me in a healthier state of mind.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry that you are experiencing all of this anxiety and worry. I would suggest speaking with whomever is your prescribing doctor for your other medications. This site is not able to provide prescriptions. I would also suggest being in some face to face therapy during this time to get you through this tough space.