Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My husband has been controlling of our 18 years of marriage.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: My husband has been controlling for all of our 18 years of marriage. He has been physically and emotional abusive. I want to leave, but I don't want my children growing up in a broken home. Don't know what to do.
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. Thank you for your question and the vulnerability expressed. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. I have a brief picture of what you are dealing with, but I do hope that you are not in imminent danger, nor are your children. Could you tell me a bit about how old they are and your support system? I want to be thorough, so if you can, please send any other details while I am working on your response :)

I hadnt heard back from you so I will go ahead with the response if that is okay, unless now is a bad time? i don't want to respond and create a bad situation for you in your home. Please just let me know....