Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have PTSD and have run out of my anxiety med. I need to

Customer Question

I have PTSD and have run out of my anxiety med. I need to get it refilled asap, can you help?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I was diagnosed in my late twenties.. I take a medication named Xanax which helps a lot. I have trying many other medications, which don't seem to help very much,,,I also take Lexapro on a daily basis
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: No, I have no other health problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Only a doctor that is taking care of you, and has examined, and diagnosed you can prescribe xanax.

Anything else is a felony in the united stated.

Is that what you are asking?

Or do you need help finding a new doctor.

If you are trying to go around your doctor and find more medication of this type elsewhere, this is also a problem and can get you blacklisted at pharmacies.

What type of doctor do you have?

What is the situation?