Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I have anxiety really bad to the point it turns into panic

Customer Question

I have anxiety really bad to the point it turns into panic attacks and Xanax is the only drug that helps in these situationsand when I ask a doctor about gettingthem prescribed to me it always turns into a battle like I'm jus wanting the drug in all actuality I need it very much so
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: This has been a lifetime struggle and now I'm about to have a baby and the attacks r becoming more frequent and lasting longer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Ive had to growup on my own since 16 so that may have somethingto do withthe severe anxiety
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just answer about your concern regarding the severe anxiety you have. May I ask what your specific mental health question is? Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I go about getting my Xanax prescribed to me?
Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.

Xanax is a controlled substance that is addictive, that is why doctor's are so conservative with prescribing it long term. The combination of an SSRI and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) are actually the most effective long term in treating anxiety disorders. You can not get the Xanax online, that is illegal, it can only be prescribed during a face to face doctors or psychiatrists visit. I sincerely ***** ***** Xanax is what has been helping you, that your doctor is understanding and works with you on it. I wish you all the best. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC