Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I have anxiety over not loving my husband I've always

Customer Question

I have anxiety over not loving my husbandI've always had anxiety, since I was a child as in anytime I had to go to school is throw up and cry. It was never really diagnosed. I went to Colorado with my dad which I started to get really anxious while I was there. I want to leave and be home, but kept thinking about having to drive back home to Arkansas. I started to get bad anxiety and couldn't wait to be home with my husband. When I got into town I felt calm that I was almost home to him. But right before I walked into the door I got extreme anxiety about not loving my husbandThis anxiety caused me to have an anxiety attack. I've had attacks over different things before. Is this normal to feel about my husband? I have no reason to feel this way about himI worry they aren't just thoughts in my head. I worry I can't love. Apart of me feels that I'd feel this way no matter who I was in a relationship with. If I don't love my husband that means I'll be divorced, alone, and my family will find out I don't have much college. I'll probably have to get a shitty job to support myself and my parents are in no position to support me. I'd also have to end my relationship with My husband. I have no reason to feel this way. He's a great guy, loving, caring, compassionate, and the most beautiful person I've ever met. Moments of calm I want to cuddle and be with him. I feel normal somewhat. But I worry. I got really anxious and doubted our relationship once six years ago. But it went away and I always believed it went away because I loved him. This time it just won't go away and I can't stop thinking about it.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 4 months ago.
I am with a client and will respond to you ASAP! Thank you for being patient. Linda
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.