Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

Extreme anxiety over life events - daughter getting married,

Customer Question

extreme anxiety over life events - daughter getting married, a move
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: thoghts sem to be contantly scatterer
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have panic attacks that seem to immobize me, I cant seem to overcome this anxiety
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. Psychotherapy, primarily Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), can be very effective, but it can take months for this type of therapy to work as therapy is gradual and slow. Usually the use of a psychotropic medication like a SSRI antidepressant and/or a benzodiazepine can provide quick relief of symptoms and allow you to focus more on the therapy and core causes of your anxiety/panic which provides a greater resolution of your symptoms and Panic Disorder. If you prefer not to use medications than the use of natural supplements like Picamilon, Valerian Root, KAVA, or Passion Flower have some anti-anxiety properties that may help too. Overall with treatment you will be able to overcome this Panic Disorder, but it will take time. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where can I find a doctor who could prescribe some type of benzodiazepines as I go through treatment?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I live in little rock Arkansas
Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Your physician can prescribe benzodiazepines to stabilize the most intense symptoms you are having and/or will recommend a psychiatrist who can prescribe for you. Here is a web site of psychiatrists in your area: http://www.vitals.com/psychiatrists/ar/little-rock

Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please. It seems that I have heard that doctors and psychiatrically are unwilling to prescribe benzodiazepine to help.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

As long as you don't have any issues with addiction and you are also working on other treatment options such as a longer term medication like an SSRI in conjunction with psychotherapy, a doctor would be willing to prescribe benzodiazepines to help with panic d/o. They are not meant to be ta***** ***** term, but panic attacks are exactly why they are prescribed. I attached the web site that lists 151 psychiatrists in your area to research based on where you live and your preferences: http://www.vitals.com/psychiatrists/ar/little-rock I hope this is helpful. Also, there is a workbook you can order online to learn various strategies and coping techniques to deal with Anxiety/Panic. Just google Anxiety Workbook. I hope some or all of this information has been helpful to you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

I would appreciate you taking a moment to rate my service to you as this is the only way we are compensated. Thank you so much, Linda D., LMSW, CASAC And please note that if you have any further questions after rating my service I will still be here to help you.