Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

I am currently on two medications: Klonopin and Zoloft. Even

Customer Question

I am currently on two medications: Klonopin and Zoloft. Even though I have taken the medication for nearly 15 years I am suffering increasing anxiety and fear. I am unable to engage in social activities in the evening. I feel nearly paralyzed by feelings of guilt and discomfort.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 4 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that you are still struggling with anxiety in these situations, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. To help alleviate your symptoms you can try these suggestions 1)Increase the dose of the Zoloft, if it is not at the maximum 200mg/day dose, and also consider increasing the Klonopin. 2) Switch the Zoloft to another antidepressant that can be more effective in treating anxiety like Lexapro, Paxil, or Remeron 3) consider adding to your medication regimen weekly sessions of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a psychologist.