DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience:  MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.
24257177

I am dealing with a lot of unrelenting anxiety in the past

Customer Question

I am dealing with a lot of unrelenting anxiety in the past two days. Every worry I have is hitting my head and causing physical symptoms like stomach aches and muscle tension. I need some techniques to relieve this. I do have ideas why I'm getting some of this elevated anxiety.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome.These are symptoms of severe anxiety. You need anxiolyics medication as you are at risk of hurting yourself. Regular exercise, yoga, chamomile tea at bed time, well balanced diet, socializing with friends would help to alleviate anxiety.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 6 months ago.
HelloThe most evidence based technique, that works, is cognitive behavioral therapy.You have not stated that you are at risk of hurting yourself. If this were the case you need to go to the ER.Given the acute situation, urgent care would be appropriate.Anxiolytic drugs are for temporary use only.The proper treatment medically is an SSRI medication.This is big in the US.Find a psychologist who can teach you this.I am a double board certified US doctor.HEre daily: find me by request for correct answers.Please click a positive rating on this post.Come back as needed.