Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Everyone thinks I'm depressed, I see it as just being

Customer Question

Everyone thinks I'm depressed, I see it as just being logical, am I right or wrong??
I will mot harm myself but think of I was diagnosed as terminal I would be over the moon.
I just don't see the point of going on.
Everytimeninask my wife a question the answer is whined at me.
When I took my daughter on holiday for 2 weeks she txt her mum 10 times a day but after being back for a week I have not had 1 message from her.
And I work all year in a job I hate to have 2 weeks of luxury on holiday.
And my mum has not contacted me for at least 8 months.
I just don't see why I should have to continue with this everyday life hoping that I will get better and just wish that I could get out now.
Is this wrong of me, please help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I definitely understand what you are saying and it does appear that you are experiencing less than ideal life circumstances, but that does not mean you are still not undergoing depression. Environmental causes and life issues are the most common causes for depressive symptoms, and while it is logical for you to be experiencing this due to your current life situation, that does not mean you should just give up. I would recommend considering treatment with therapy to help you try to change your life around by considering a new job, trying to build a closer relationship with your family, explore hobbies and activities that you enjoy, etc...Just because life is not going well currently, does not mean it has to continue this way as you can move forward in a different and more positive direction