Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

Can my current psychiatrist stop my medication until I find

Customer Question

can my current psychiatrist stop my medication until I find a different psychiatrist?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The answer to your question is yes your current psychiatrist can stop your medication until you find a new psychiatrist, but it is not very ethical or recommended as you could develop withdrawal symptoms as it takes time to find a new psychiatrist. But overall the answer to your question is yes