Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

If I wanted to have a mental health assessment done, but

Customer Question

If I wanted to have a mental health assessment done, but going into a clinic gives me anxiety, is there anywhere online where I can take an assessment and start online therapy if needed?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.
Hello Rosalie, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. I am sorry to hear that your anxiety is significant enough to effect hos you feel about going to a clinic to get help for it. To answer your question, it would not be considered ethical to completed a mental health assessment online, since they require a face to face interview. And to answer your second question there are therapists, like myself ( I have two individuals I work with via phone that I have never met who are doing excellent, insightful work) who will do therapeutic sessions via phone. It is becoming much more common as people travel for their careers more frequently and or relocate but want to continue with their therapist. However I do not know of an insurance that will pay for this, to my knowledge it is private pay. However therapists who do phone sessions sometimes charge less for sessions because of the reduced costs to them. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts. I am here to help you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.
Dear Rosalie, thank you for letting me into this small part of your life, I really appreciate it and hope I answered your questions. I would appreciate you taking a moment to rate my service to you as this is the only way we are compensated for our time. I wish you all the best and please let me know if you have any more questions related to this topic. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC