Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice
94172775

I've been severely depressed 2 days with constant

Customer Question

I've been severely depressed for past 2 days with constant suicidal thoughts. I'm diagnosed bipolar with low mania. I'm having a severe panic attack and feel like I'm dying and don't know what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 8 months ago.
I am so sorry you are struggling. I realize it takes courage to reach out and am glad you are doing just that. Are you currently on medication? Have there been any medication changes or triggers that are perhaps sending you into such a dark place? It is important during this time that you are not alone and isolated. Do you have roommates or a partner who can be with you to ensure your safety? Like all mood disorders, this too will pass. Please know the heaviness will lift. In the meanwhile, please try to surround yourself with those who care about you, reach out to me, and please go to your local emergency clinic if you don't feel you can do any of these suggestions.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there was a medication change. I am pretty much isolated. No support.Thanks for your response
Thank you for your message. It sounds like the medication change is intensifying your symptoms. Can you contact your psychiatrist and be seen immediately? I am sorry you are isolated having little support. Do you have other coping techniques you use on a regular basis such as deep breathing, exercise, prayer, meditation, writing or art? I realize it takes incredible effort to do anything when the depression is this intense but this will certainly help the anxiety a bit.
Good evening, I just wanted to check back in and see how you are doing? Have there been any changes? Have you been able to see your psychiatrist regarding medication change?