Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My name is***** have a 6yr.old that was suspended

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have a 6yr.old that was suspended from school today for not listening she continues to leave and disappear with permission, she has made up stories that kids are hitting on her and today I was having a talk with her and she started banging her head throwing things and kicking her dresser then she tried to do some reverse psychology and tell me I don't love her I love my other daughter more and that I didn't want her.. I am at a lost everything she does she doesn't know why she does it will say she sorry she will do good if I say I'm going to give her something or do something for her but once that's over she's back to being defiant please help I feel like I'm at the end of the road.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty with your daughter, but it sounds like there is a greater issue with her like Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), which is a very serious mental health disorder that can afflict children at her age. Typically children with this disorder are defiant of adults and authority figures, will have severe tantrums that are grossly disproportionate to the situation, like to annoy others, can be aggressive and physical, and will often not respond to normal methods of parenting and punishment. Given your frustration, have you considered taking your daughter to be seen by a Child Psychologist for an assessment and treatment?